This page describes the Vision, Mission and Objectives for the ITSF.
Our vision sees an annual technically stimulating three day papers driven international telecom industry forum and workshop (event), focusing on developments, techniques, issues, problems and solutions relating to synchronisation (sync) and timing applicable to the Telecom and related industries.
Our mission is to encourage a wider understanding of the needs for synchronisation in telecom networks and applications, by bringing together individuals from industry, government and academia representing users, suppliers and professionals in the telecom sector. The event should be supported by an evening networking programme which includes an icebreaker on the first evening and a speaker dinner on the second evening.
The main objective is to organise the annual event which comprises three days of papers, split into major topic sections with each section preceded by a tutorial paper. The secondary objective is to wrap the event with opportunities for networking and discussion. Evening functions will complement the technical content of the forum.
The event also offers an opportunity for interested organisations to exhibit during the three days.
- ITSF 2001 - Royal Kensington Garden Hotel, London – Organised by Chronos Technology
- ITSF 2004 - Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) at Savoy Place, London - Organised by the IET
- ITSF 2005 - Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) at Savoy Place, London - Organised by the IET
- ITSF 2006 - Corinthia Towers Hotel, Prague - Organised by the IET
- ITSF 2007 - Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) at Savoy Place, London - Organised by the IET
- ITSF 2008 - The City Hilton, Munich - Organised by Avren Events.
- ITSF 2009 - Radisson Blu Hotel, Rome, Italy - Organised by Avren Events.
- ITSF 2010 – The Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, Ireland - Organised by Avren Events. 150 Delegates from 22 Countries
- ITSF 2011 - Macdonald Roxburghe Hotel, Edinburgh, UK - Organised by Avren Events.
- ITSF 2012 - Nice, France - Organised by Avren Events.
Social and Networking Events
An "Icebreaker" networking event with refreshments takes place on the first evening to enable delegates to relax after the first days papers. This could be a technically interesting venue e.g. a museum or other suitably appropriate venue. Past venues have included the Royal Observatory, Greenwich, a tour of Young’s brewery, a flight on the London Eye, the Strahov Library in Prague, the Capitoline Museum in Rome, the Guinness Store House in Dublin, and Edinburgh Castle.
A speaker dinner takes place at the end of the second day. The dinner includes the annual Time Lord award ceremony.
Sponsorship opportunities exist for both these events Click here to find out more»
Future Changes to the Vision, Mission and Objectives
The ITSF's Vision, Mission and Objectives are defined by this document. Any change to this document, and therefore to the Vision, Mission and Objectives, requires the approval of at least 75% of the Steering Committee.